Create A Spa With Your Own
Personal Home Spa Equipment
The word spa is associated with water and is generally a term that makes you think of relaxation and stress relief. Unfortunately, many times this word sounds expensive and so most of us won't even give it a second thought.
But no matter what your budget is, you can create a spa experience that is bound to relax you and put your mind at ease. With personal home spa equipment, you can create your own spa in the privacy of your own home.
Some of the most popular personal home spa equipment is affordable as well as portable. This way you can create a spa experience just about anywhere. Below are some ideas to help you get started.
Simple Affordable Solutions
- Start With Your Own Bathtub - Even if you don't have a newer, deeper bathtub, anyone with a bathtub can create a spa experience with a Better Bath Deep Water Bath overflow stopper. This simple little piece of personal home spa equipment stops water from escaping from the overflow drain and allows you a deeper tub experience.
- Portable Foot Spas - Foot spas are a great way to relax just about anywhere and are extremely convenient. Not all foot spas are created equal so be sure to do your homework before you buy. We have found the HoMedics FB- 600 Foot Salon Pro Pedicure Spa with Heat to be the best customer rated. It even has an aromatherapy dispenser included so you can use essential oils for an aromatherapy experience.
- Massager Shower Heads - When you need heat, moisture and massage, the Hydroluxe Full-Chrome 24 Function Ultra-Luxury 3-way 2 in 1 Shower-Head /Handheld-Shower Combo is one of the highest rated massage shower heads. Not only known for how convenient it is but it offers a full lifetime warranty at a price that is unbelievable. Everyone should own this piece of personal home spa equipment.
- Jacuzzi Tubs & Whirlpool Baths - Whirlpool Bath Tubs are one of the most favorite pieces of personal home spa equipment that are purchased today. They are not only much deeper than traditional bathtubs but offer wonderful bubble massage. They are a convenient and affordable way to get the spa experience at home. The Portable Home Spa & Outdoor Jacuzzi are also a great way to bring the spa experience to the outdoors.
- Steam Showers & Steam Facials - Having a built in steam shower into your home is a nice touch for the spa enthusiast. However, not everyone has the time or money available to do this. For those looking for steam options in personal home spa equipment you might like to consider the KINGA Nano Ionic Facial Steamer or if you have the space inside your home, a Portable Sauna would be a great addition.
- Water Fountains - Outdoor water fountains make great additions to backyard gardens and fish ponds. Water fountains are relaxing and can serve to promote a spa experience for years to come. If you don't have the space outside, consider an Indoor, tabletop Water Lily Water Fountain . There are many to choose from with a variety of styles and sizes. Nothing like bringing in the soothing sound of trickling water with this small piece of personal home spa equipment.
- Hot Stone Massage - With a Hot Stone Heater you can safely heat your massage stones. Learn how to use these stones at home with the 57 Piece Massage Stone Set w/ Dvd The hot stone warmer makes a wonderful addition to your personal home spa equipment.
Enhance Your Spa Experience
These tips will help you create the best spa experience at home using your own personal home spa equipment.
- Plan for Privacy - Shut off the ringer on your phones and do all you can to be sure you won't have any interruptions. Remember this time belongs to you and is very important. You cannot fully relax and de-stress when you are distracted. If you have children, try to plan this time when they are asleep or away at school. You could also ask someone to help watch them while you take this time for yourself. Try to plan an hour of uninterrupted time.
- Candles - To create a warm, inviting atmosphere, stay away from the bright lights and bring in some candles. Soy based candles are the absolute best choice. They not only burn longer but cleaner. For an aromatherapy experience, consider choosing candles that also contain 100% pure essential oils such Art Naturals Aromatherapy Candle - 3-Piece Set of Scented Fragrance Soy Wax Made in USA with Essential Oils
- Aromatherapy - Aromatherapy enhances your spa experience at home with Art Naturals Top 8 Essential Oils - 100% Pure Of The Highest Quality Essential Oils - Peppermint, Tee Tree, Rosemary, Orange, Lemongrass, Lavender, Eucalyptus, & Frankincense - Therapeutic Grade .These oils can be purchased alone or in candles, diffusers, massage oils, and bath treatments, just to name a few. Lavender is considered the most comforting and relaxing of all essential oils but there are many other kinds of essential oils that work well at helping you to relax and promote a sense of well being. For more on aromatherapy, please visit Aromatherapy & Stress
- Music & Relaxation Sounds - By adding relaxation sounds or soft music to your home spa experience, you will be able relax even more and feel as if you have been swept off to some enchanted place.
- Bath Products - Enhance your spa experience by using specialty bath products that you don't use everyday. Things like specialty body wash, bath salts, bath oils, and milk baths can really make your spa experience special. Don't know where to start? Consider starting out with Minera Natural Dead Sea Salt, 5lbs Bulk Bag - Fine Grain . These bath salts are original, authentic, 100% natural Dead Sea Mineral Salts. They are Physician recommended, and the relaxing lavender relieves tension, brings about peaceful sleep restores a sense of well-being.
- Beauty Treatments - Personal home spa equipment like the
Homedics Paraspa Plus Paraffin Bath
is perfect for soothing aching joints, relaxing muscles, relieving arthritis pain while it conditions and moisturizes dry skin.
Mud masks, Enzyme Facial Peel Masks
, Salt Body Scrubs
, Sugar Scrubs
, Teeth Whitening Strips
all have a place in helping you to feel pampered and renewed.
Finish your spa experience by ending it with some freshly manicured nails. Manicures and pedicures are easily done at home and both men and women benefit from them. All you need is a simple manicure set, such as the Manicure/Pedicure Set
If you are prone to hard calluses' on your feet & dry skin patches, or bumps one of the best over-the-counter lotions is AmLactin Alpha-Hydroxy Therapy Lotion This lotion lasts a long time and actually works. You can also easily find this lotion at your local pharmacy or dapartment store.
- Wrap Yourself in Softness - Commonly seen in professional spas, you can promote a true spa feeling by wrapping yourself in some Home Spa Towels such as the Classic Waffle Weave Bath Sheets or Luxury Spa Robe. With so many different choices, you can find just about anything you want at any budget.
- Massage - Add to your home spa treatment by including massage into your experience. Massage is a wonderful way to relieve stress and tension and you can either use self-massage techniques to accomplish this or you can work with a partner. For more information, please visit Effective Massage Strategies for Stress Relief