Free Guided Meditations
Here you will find free guided mediations that will help you find peace and help you overcome the stress in your life.
Meditation has been practiced for centuries by people around the world regardless of race or religion. Many people shy away from meditation because they associate it with a specific religion or religious practice. But the truth is, meditation is explained to be the practice of placing all mental focus on a particular sound, object, vision, breathing, movements or to just focus all your attention on the present moment, the "here and now". Although many people use meditation as a religious or spiritual practice, most people use meditation to reduce stress, promote relaxation, and to also help them grow deeper into their personal and spiritual relationships.
Meditation in general is a fantastic stress management activity that helps build resistance to negative emotions while helping people to feel more confident and more in control of their lives. Meditation is something that demands practice. Only through regular practice will you feel the long term effects in your mind and body. So be patient as you learn and be sure to make time each day to practice.
Meditative Breathing Exercise
One of free guided meditations offered here is the meditative breathing exercise. If you have never tried meditation before, this is an easy one to start with. To do this, follow the steps below:
1. Find a comfortable sitting position. It does not matter where, only that you are seated comfortably.
2. Keeping your spine straight by sitting upright, simply allow your shoulders to relax and gently fall.
3. Close your eyes and then bring all your mental focus to your belly, taking full notice of how it rises with each inhale and goes down with each exhale. Remember, this activity will be the focus of the meditative exercise. You want to practice keeping your mind on your breathing.
4. While keeping your focus on the act of breathing, visualize yourself inhaling peace while exhaling all your negative stress.
5. If you find yourself distracted by intrusive or obsessive thoughts, simply accept that they are there but gently bring your focus back to your breathing. Do not get upset if your mind is continually interrupted by your intrusive thoughts, instead continue bringing focus back to breathing. Try to see these intrusive thoughts as nothing but a loud chatter box demanding attention. Through continued practice you will notice that these negative thoughts become less and less demanding and you will be able to focus more deeply.
6. Practice this exercise for about 10 minutes, twice a day. You can also keep a journal to record your experience.
More Free Guided Meditations
Of course there are many free guided meditations to choose from. Some are spiritually focused while others are focused on sleep, anxiety, depression, etc. To access these free guided medications, visit the links below.
Free Online Guided Meditations
- Meditation Oasis - This site offers approximately 40 free guided meditations. These meditations are of great quality. Meditations include Relaxation Break, Body Awareness, Breath Awareness, Present Moment, Guided Meditation for Anger, Relief for Stress & Pressure, Sleep Meditation for Children and much more!
- Fragrant Heart - Heart Centered Meditation This site offers a wide variety of free online guided meditations. Meditations include Relaxation & Stress Relief, Compassion, Love, Self Esteem and much more.
If you are looking for meditation sounds, these sounds by Echoes of Nature are beautiful. Of course, there are many others to choose from but these are a couple that come highly recommended.
Echoes of Nature: Morning Songbirds
Free Guided Meditation Apps
With so many free guided meditation apps available for the iPhone, iPod Touch and the iPad... you owe it to yourself to check them out. How much easier can it get to download a free guided meditation app and be able to bring guided meditations with you everywhere you go?
Don't have an iPhone or an iPod Touch? Be sure to check out the Apple iPod touch 32GB Pink (5th Generation)
Additional Resources & Related Articles
The Mindful Way Through Depression: Freeing Yourself from Chronic Unhappiness (Book & CD)
Return from Free Guided Meditations to Stress Management Activity